Clinical Coordinating Center
The Clinical Coordinating Center (CCC) for the ATTRACT Trial is based at the Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology at the Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, MO.
One of the best-equipped multidisciplinary facilities worldwide, the Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology (MIR) is dedicated to research in Interventional Radiology, CT, MRI, PET, and related imaging sciences. The Imaging Center provides centralized resources for the scientific evaluation of imaging technology and imaging-guided procedures (such as PCDT). MIR is headquartered in a 13-story structure supplemented by several satellite facilities, with a total of more than 350,000 square feet of space. MIR provides all diagnostic and therapeutic radiology services for the Washington University School of Medicine. MIR is one of the largest radiological facilities in the world, possessing state-of-the-art instrumentation, and includes 186 academic faculty (100 physicians, and 76 Ph.D. and 10 M.S. scientists).
The CCC’s primary responsibilities are to select the Clinical Centers; serve as the study’s primary communication and coordination hub; oversee patient enrollment, quality assurance, subject retention, regulatory compliance, and protocol adherence at the Clinical Centers; manage most financial aspects of the study including payments to the Clinical Centers; maintain the study Website; and serve as a repository for study-related communications.
Suresh Vedantham, MD
Professor of Radiology & Surgery
Chair, Clinical Coordinating Center
Office Phone: (314) 362-2923
CCC Safety Officer
James R. Duncan, MD, PhD
Associate Professor of Radiology & Surgery
Phone: (314) 747-6281
CCC Staff Members
Mary Clare Derfler, RN, MSN
Clinical Research Nurse Coordinator
Phone: (314) 747-2372
David Gibson, BS
Core Laboratory for Clinical Studies (CLCS)
Phone: (314) 362-7869
Colleen Kilbourne-Glynn, MA, CCRP
Phone: (314) 747-2498
Patty Nieters, RN, BSN
Clinical Research Nurse Coordinator
Phone: (314) 362-3371
Clinical Research Coordinator
Phone: (314) 747-1653
The following ATTRACT Trial committees and core laboratory report to the CCC:
1. Enrollment Committee: Chair: Dr. Suresh Vedantham. Responsibilities: Assist the Clinical Centers in developing site-specific enrollment plans, develop study advertising materials appropriate for point-of-contact subject recruitment, review enrollment statistics monthly, ensure proportionate enrollment of women and minorities per federal regulations.
2. Interventions Committee: Chair: Dr. Mahmood K. Razavi. Responsibilities: Oversee protocol implementation as it relates to the performance of PCDT in study patients; credential and train the endovascular co-investigators; monitor endovascular device performance; and continuously monitor technological advances in endovascular care.
3. Medical Therapy Committee: Chair: Dr. Heather Gornik. Responsibilities: Oversee protocol implementation as it relates to administration of standard DVT therapy in study patients; credential and train the medical co-investigators; and continuously monitor advances in medical DVT therapy that may impact the study.
4. Vascular Ultrasound Core Laboratory (VasCore at Massachusetts General Hospital): Chair: Dr. Michael Jaff. Responsibilities: Credential the vascular ultrasound laboratories; credential and train the sonographers to perform ultrasound per study protocol; ensure quality control of ultrasound imaging, oversee protocol implementation as it relates to ultrasound use in the study; coordinate the Ultrasound Substudy; and provide central interpretation of exams performed as part of the Ultrasound Substudy (and selected compression ultrasound exams).
5. Society of Interventional Radiology Foundation: Representative to Steering Committee: Dr. Stephen Kee. Project Manager: Kathleen Mercure. Responsibilities: Assist the CCC in managing an updated database of potential Clinical Centers; increase national awareness of ATTRACT using the Foundation’s public relations resources; disseminate the study results.